About Professor Simon Haslett

My photo
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Professor of Physical Geography and Pro Vice-Chancellor at the University of Wales and the University of Wales Trinity Saint David.

Sunday, 7 February 2010

Leaving Nova Scotia

Woke up to quite heavy snowfall, with a few inches falling overnight. I was a little concerned about my flight, but it turned out that Halifax airport had far less snow than Wolfville. Rob Fensome kindly drove me to the airport.

Stopped off at Montreal for a quick meeting in the airport with Professor Cynthia Weston from McGill University. Cynthia is Director of the Learning and Teaching Unit there, so my counterpart. We drew up quite a list of activities that we could collaborate on, one of which is that she is now likely to do a keynote at the Newport NEXUS Conference in June. All quite exciting.

Just waiting now to get on my flight to Heathrow - should be on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment